Monday, January 18, 2010

I want to try a little experiment

And you are welcome to join me.

I realize that I am not the most healthy eater. I LOVE sweets and sometimes (or maybe all the time) I eat too much of it . I want to change that so I'm going to try two simple things.

1. I'm going to wear my pedometer every day. I know that doesn't help me to stop eating sweets, but I have heard that if you take 10,000 steps a day, you can lose weight. So I'm going to give that a go and I just happen to have a pedometer. I've been wearing it today and sadly so far I've only taken 6696 steps. I better get walking!

2. I'm going to write down everything I eat and the time I eat it. I have also heard that if you do this, you are more aware of what you're eating and tend to eat less since you have to write it down. I also think it will help me find my especially week points during the day so I can avoid chocolately temptations.

I've done that today too and I think it's gone well. I only ate 5 cookies today, which isn't too bad for me since I made 3 dozen! I also tried to eat less at lunch and dinner. I think it may work.

This isn't really a New Year's resolution or anything. It's just something I want to work on. I guess you can say it's a project to work on. I want to see how I do and I figure if I blog about it, I will be more likely to do it so I don't look stupid by writing this big, long post about it and not follow through.

So, I'll try to remember to post next Monday and update myself/you on my progress. Feel free to join in if you want to. Let me know how you do!!

No comments: