Thursday, August 26, 2010

The first day of first grade

Yeah, that was yesterday. It went surprisingly well! Eli picked out a special outfit for the first day. An R2D2 shirt and Wall-E pants aren't exactly the combination I would have picked out (and I tried to talk him out of the pants), but that's what he was really excited about. He said it was cool because they are both robots. He does have a good point.
Last year
This year

Wow, he looks so much older!


I got to pack him a lunch. It wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. I did include a little love note though. Since he can't really read yet, I just put "I love you" and a picture of the two of us holding hands. (We were in stick figure form) He has a thing with pictures of him and Mike holding hands. I hope it worked with me too.

When it was time, Eli was happy to get on the bus. Noah was the only one to shed tears because he didn't get to go on the bus. When he came home, Eli was still happy. He said it was way cooler than kindergarten, just a lot longer.

We celebrated the day with corn dogs and macaroni and cheese for dinner. Then we went to Thanksgiving Point to get some ice cream cones and play with friends.


Noah's little friend, Nadia, helped him take his mind off the whole bus thing.

1 comment:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

i love that picture of Noah and the little girl :) Some day they will meet again at BYU and get married :)