Saturday, June 23, 2012

June Crafty Project

I squeaked out a crafty project last Friday that I thought I would share.  Remember this simple white lamp that sits on top of this awesome end table?  Well, I dressed it up, just a tad to make it a little less simple.


Here's what I did:





Here's its twin that sits on top of this awesome computer table:


I got the idea from this website.  I chose to use white fabric because we use these lamps every night, so I didn't want the fabric to dim any of the light coming from the lamps.  I chose fabric that already had some waffly-type texture to help add to the texture of the ruffles.  I got it super cheap at Walmart.  I think it was about $3 a yard.  I only needed one yard, and it was something like 58 inches wide.  PERFECT!


I'm happy with how they turned out.  When I look at them, I do think, "Wow, those are frilly lamps."  Frilly isn't really my style at all, but I like them anyway.  I tend toward things that are plain and sometimes more masculine, so I wanted something a little frilly to help balance things out in the living room.  This room is far from finished, but I have lots of plans, most of which involve things that are square.  So these lamps I think help mix things up a bit.  I'm sure I'm way over thinking my whole plan for the living room, but I can't help it.  I watch too much HGTV to under think my design plan!

2 comments:

Mike said...

They turned out so great! Can't wait to see them in person when I can take in the entire room.

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Wow, I am impressed! Even if they are a tad girly ;)