Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Eli is in big trouble



Every few weeks, I get to go into Eli's class and read story books to the kids. I really like it because the kids say some really funny things and they're always really excited to have a special guest (known as the Royal Reader) in the classroom. So, yesterday I got to go yet again. As I was walking up and taking my seat, I said, "Hi everyone! I'm Mrs. Bell. I'm Eli's mom." They all love to know whose mom is the Royal Reader for the day. After I said that and was getting ready for the first book, a cute, little, blond girl on the top row of the steps who was sitting next to Eli said this to me:

"I love it when Eli's mom is here because that means Eli is here. And I have to tell you something...I think I'm falling in love with your son."

Wow! I just had to laugh, and so I did, but not too much. Then I responded, for complete lack of something better to say, "Well, he's a great kid!" And then I proceeded to read my stories. Eli didn't say anything. He just sat there with a big smile on his face and none of the other kids had any idea what was going on. They all just sat, waiting for me to start the first book.

If he's got someone totally smitten in kindergarten, what's going to happen when he gets older? I have a feeling I'm going to have to get an unlisted phone number and a bat to beat the girls off.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

I love the little freckles on Eli's nose. It's where the angels kiss him when he's sleeping

Michael said...

So, are we going to have to have "the talk" when he's in 1st grade?!?!?!?