Thursday, May 13, 2010

Funny things



Yesterday I was having a conversation with Eli about nose picking. He's at that yucky stage where he picks his nose and then it bleeds and it's soooooo gross. I was reminding him that nose picking = gross buggers. So he said, in a very matter-of-fact way, "That's why they say 'Don't pick your nose!' " Then Leah exclaimed in a loud, happy voice, "I pick my nose EVERY DAY!"


Yesterday evening, I was helping Eli floss his teeth. I don't do this very often, so I think Leah was confused when she saw what I was doing. Here's the conversation we had:

L: What are you doing?
M: Flossing Eli's teeth.
L: Oh, are you a dentist or a mommy?

I wonder what she would have said had I told her I was a dentist.




Noah has developed some very nice manners. He's pretty good at saying please and thank you, especially when prompted. He also likes to encourage others to have good manners too. Whenever I burp and forget to say excuse me, he'll say, "Mee mee, Momma." (translation: Say excuse me, Mommy.) If I don't say it right away, he'll politely repeat himself until I do.

2 comments:

Wynne said...

How do you keep from squeezing those adorable faces to pieces?? If you told Leah you were a dentist...maybe she would have made an appointment!

Wynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.