Friday, May 14, 2010

I love dioramas!!







A few weeks ago, Eli had a project in school. The assignment was to pick an animal that lives in Utah, find out some facts about that animal, and make a diorama depicting the animal's habitat. I was really excited about the project. Eli chose the cougar. Mike helped him do the research. I helped him with the diorama. It all worked out perfectly.

I blog about this not to brag about what an awesome job he did on it, but to brag about how proud I am that I didn't just jump in and do the whole diorama for him. I know that he's perfectly capable of doing it pretty much by himself. I just wanted to do the whole thing because I have always loved doing dioramas. I remember making them in school and I just wanted to relive those days.

Fortunately, I didn't. I let Eli help. He actually did a lot of work on it. He did all the cutting, gluing, arranging, and selecting of materials and pictures. I just cut out the cougars, helped him place and hold stuff while the glue dried, and kept him going on it. It was a really fun project to work on. I think next time he gets an assignment like this, he can just do it all on his own and I'll do my own diorama. Do you think his teacher will mind if I send it in to be graded?

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Look at the smile on his face! That is priceless!!!
Rebec - why don't you make a diorama about your life at home?

The Favorite said...

That is awesome! Great work- I can't believe that Eli is so big.

Kenny and Janelle said...

beautiful job! I loved it...if i was his teacher i would say A+++!!