Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just a fun thing

So I think I might have a new post topic for the next little while. I'm homeschooling Leah for kindergarten this year so that she can skip her actual kindergarten year which would be next year. We think this is a good way to go with her because she just missed the cutoff this year by 22 days!! Had she started kindergarten this year, she would have been ahead of many of her classmates already. We're worried that if she starts at the kindergarten level next year, she will be so far ahead that she'll be bored and hate school. So, I'm teaching her kindergarten things at home a few mornings a week this year and we'll have her tested to go straight into first grade next year. And she's attending a preschool to get that "away from home and being taught by someone other than me" experience. This will be a very busy year. Wish me luck!!


With that big intro out of the way, when we do fun activities or crafts for kindergarten, I thought it would be fun to post them. So, here's our first fun, postable craft from Leah's kindergarten:




Bubble Painting


In a small cup put one part paint, two parts liquid dish soap and a little bit of water. Stir until blended. Stick a straw in a start blowing. When the bubbles get to the top of the cup, lay a piece of paper on top. The bubbles will pop and leave paint on the paper in a fun pattern. Use more cups with different colors in them for more fun. Make sure you cover up your clothes because there will be paint splattering everywhere. Also, you can use a pin to put a hole in the top of the straw to help prevent little ones from sucking up paint and soap into their mouths.


Noah's Painting


Leah's Painting



My Painting (I get to participate too!)



Noah was the one who sucked up the paint into his mouth. Sorry, I didn't get a picture of it.

3 comments:

Wynne said...

Very clever! You are going to be a wonderful teacher, you so many good ideas! I'm sure Noah will benefit from everything as well. Have fun Teach!

annie said...

#1 i think you're incredible for homeschooling! i could never be organized enough to do that.
#2 bubble art just might turn up in some of my future paintings.

amy ayres said...

Good luck you crafty thing you!