Thursday, July 17, 2008

Welcome to the family!



So, you might notice that my pregnancy countdown is gone. I was induced on July 15th (Tuesday) and Noah David Bell was born at 4:15 pm. He was 10lbs. 2oz. and 20 inches. Yeah, that's right. He's a big guy. The labor went well, but he has since had some major problems. He's in the neonatal intensive care unit in a different hospital than he was born in. He got a bad infection that caused breathing and heart problems. He is getting a little better every day. He'll be there until sometime next week. Fortunately, he's tough and will be fine soon. We did manage to get some cute pictures of him before he got hooked up to about 20 different tubes. We're so excited that he's finally here and we're grateful the doctors and nurses caught his breathing difficulties when they did. He's in great hands. There will be more pictures to come, once he gets to come home.

5 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Have to be the first to comment. He's adorable and I'm so glad that he's doing better. Can't wait to meet him!

Jenn said...

Congratulations! I hope he gets well quickly!

Kenny and Janelle said...

Congrats to you guys!!! You are in my thoughts and heart...hope all goes well.

The Shane Gang said...

I'm so gald that little Noah is doing better. My heart sank to my toes when I heard the news about his infection. What a little fighter! I can't wait to meet the little cutie patootie!

Jam said...

Wow! Such a big guy. He's adorable--just like the other Bell babies! I pray all is going well for you all.