Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's happening again

I don't know what it is, but something about having a baby makes me lose my mind. Is it the lack of sleep? Perhaps. The change in hormones? Maybe. The constant feeding, burping, and diaper changing? Probably.

Whatever the cause, the lack of proper brain function always manifests itself in one, specific, disturbing way........I forget to put the lid to the washer down when I'm doing laundry!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Do you have any idea how annoying this is? I hate it!!!!! It's bad enough that it already takes me forever to do laundry. I always seem to have other, more pressing chores to complete. When I finally remember to switch the loads, I often find that the clothes are soaking in the water and the lid is up. It's frustrating because then I have to wait even longer to get the laundry done. It already takes a long time and I manage to make it last even longer. I don't know how to stop, how to return to my former level of brain function-the appropriate level needed to remember to put the lid down so that the washer can cycle all the way through and not just stop when the basin in full.

Please, I'm desperate. I need help! If any of you know or are a brain surgeon, please contact me at once. If any of you just want to take my kids for a few nights so I can get some rest, that will probably work to.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I'm sorry to hear of your (how to put this delicately?) condition. I'll be more than happy to take your kids. Wait, I don't think that will quite help you out for some reason...

The Mathews Family said...

This is what I lovingly refer to as "momnesia". *ha ha* I've just decided to embrace it! No suggestions, although letting your kids wear their swimsuits every day will definitely cut down on the amount of laundry that needs to be done!
-Jessica