Saturday, September 6, 2008

***Attention all Wal-Mart shoppers***

Please do not, I repeat DO NOT use the self-check lane of the Wal-mart in Lindon, UT for buying your produce on a SATURDAY AFTERNOON!!!! If you do, all I can ask is..."What the crap are you thinking?!" That is the worst time to go to the stupid store in the first place. It's even worse when you get stuck behind an old lady with 37 items that she carefully scans, some of those items being produce, that need to be weighed. Now, the self-check isle is equipped for such items, but who, honestly, knows how to use them? And, if you do, how long does it take you to weigh your bunch of apples, yams, and bananas? If I have items to weigh, I go to a regular check-out isle and let the trained professionals handle it. I'm a smart girl. I'm sure I could figure it out, I just don't want to piss off the people behind me who have already been waiting in line for 15 minutes, have a 4 year-old with a melting Popsicle, and who have to get home by 3:30pm so they can nurse their 2 month-old son so he can stay on his schedule so that he'll sleep better at night. ::::phew::::: That was a mouth full.

Perhaps I shouldn't complain. It really could have been worse. I could have been at the Orem Wal-Mart which is 1,000 times worse, especially now that school has started. If you've ever been to that particular store, you know what I'm talking about. It's busy all the time and has a really scary parking lot!!!

4 comments:

Michael said...

I love going to those self-check lanes and paying in cash, coupons, and maybe a card or two. I bring jars full of pennies and other coins and put them into the machine VERY SLOWLY. I actually target lines that women with one or more small children are about to enter--and then I quickly cut them off. If you or any other person with better things to do comes my way, be warned! There will be hell to pay. I am Mr. College-Student-Orem-Walmart-Shopper. And I frequent stores near you...

Shaina said...

Oh man, what a pain for you to deal with that! I actually read somewhere that those self checkout lines are slower for anyone with more than 3 things to buy, but they cut down on the stores cost of paying employees. It's just a trick to make you think you're being more efficient by doing it yourself, but really you're losing and they're making a profit! Greedy corporate execs!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I feel for you I was once in a self check out line behind two people trying to buy goldfish... not the crackers but acctual goldfish, no kidding.

Unknown said...

AMEN! I hate going through the self-check lines because people never know what they are doing and it ends up taking 3x as long as waiting in line at a normal register.