Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Evil Gill

Eli watched Finding Nemo recently and has gleaned a bit of information that could potentially be harmful. He learned, from listening to Gill talk to Nemo, that "All drains lead to the ocean!" Eli's been repeating this lately and I don't know what to tell him. I'm pretty sure that the drains in our house do not lead to the ocean. If they do, that sure is a long drain pipe! Perhaps in Australia all drains empty into the ocean. I don't know. I've never been there and I know nothing about their plumbing. I do know that their toilet water flushes in the opposite direction. Should I correct this notion he has, or just let him go on believing and not diminish the "magic" of the movie? Maybe, some day, I'll take him to Australia and show him some real magic--I'll flush a toilet and we'll watch in awe as the water swirls the other way.

1 comment:

Shaina said...

I think you can let him enjoy his innocence a little, he'll learn about our proper sewage system eventually. Although, if he starts trying to send any toys or small animals on vacation to the ocean through your pipes, then would be a good time for a geography lesson.