Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh and we're Irish too..

That's why we're celebrating St. Patrick's Day!!! I love celebrating small holidays like this one because it adds a bit more excitement to life. Yesterday, while making cookies, I filled my kids' heads with all kinds of stuff about leprechauns. Apparently, I didn't do enough filling because the whole evening, Eli kept asking me questions about them. By the time he was in bed, I had a headache from trying to answer all of his questions. He wanted to know EVERYTHING!!! For example: Are leprechauns really real? How do leprechauns get around? Do they come out at night or during the day? If I see one can I scare it? What happens when a leprechaun is sad? You get the idea. Seeing the curiosity and twinkle in his eyes made the annoying questions worth it though.

So, we made cookies last night to leave out for the leprechauns to entice them to come in to our house and maybe leave a pot of gold or two. Surprise, surprise, they came, ate their cookies, left some gold and vanished.

Do you like the "rainbow" where they left their gold? I like doing arts and crafts too. I don't think the kids should get to have all the fun.

Eli found the stuff this morning. They all got a kick out of their sparkly cups and gold coins. Noah's leprechaun left him some baby food. Eli especially liked the rainbow. He's too smart to trick though. He knew it was not a real rainbow right away because there was no red. (Sorry Eli, we only had pink.) He's going to do some experiments on the rainbow after preschool today to find out how the leprechauns made it. I'm anticipating a big mess to come. Maybe those leprechauns will come back to clean it up!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

3 comments:

Shaina said...

So fun! Our leprechauns left us corned beef and cabbage. I love Leah's wink, it makes me laugh everytime she does it!

The Hungry Homemaker said...

Tanner did the same thing, except today. We had gold coins left too, and Tanner has been dying to see if Eli got any, glad to see he did! Now they will have something to talk about on Friday:)

The Tavares' said...

What a cute idea! I'm also Irish but don't celebrate but thanks to you and your great idea I will from now on! :D You are the best!!