Monday, March 9, 2009

I need suggestions

The kids and I need something new to listen to in the car while we drive around. We do a lot of driving and I'm sick of the "silly" songs Cd's we have. I didn't really like them to begin with. Now, I pretty much hate them. The only reasons why I keep listening to them are A) that's all we've got and B) the kids sing to them, which is really cute. We could just listen to the music I like, but I don't think Dave Matthew's Band sings about child-appropriate topics and The Used is a bit too edgy. We do listen to the Phantom of the Opera sound track. The kids call it "scary music", but that's getting old too.

So, what do you listen to? By the way, the radio's out because mine hasn't worked in about 6 years. Please comment; I need help!!!!!!

4 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I must admit we listen to mommy music and to be honest for the past 4 months that has meant a combination of Twilight soundtrack and Dave. I'm not saying that is the best option but I refuse to listen to most child friendly music in the car. The truth is I'm selfish :) There is one kids cd that I love because I listened to it as a child (and the only one that has a perminent place in my 6 cd disc changer), Peter, Paul and Mommy Too by Peter Paul and Mary. Reminds me of my childhood and the songs are really enjoyable. I also listen to alot of Simon and Garfunkel, America, Billy Joel etc. I want my children to enjoy the music I grew up loving and still love. i.e. no Hannah Montana or High School Musical EVER!

Shaina said...

I don't know if I can be much help... I would suggest the Disney soundtracks, but that might fit into the silly songs. I actually like all the Disney CDs. Maybe we should switch cars during errands day. I'll take your kids and sing the silly songs with them, you can take my car and blast all the Used you want!

The Tavares' said...

My kids like the children's songbook cd. There are ton of diffrent cd's and the kids learn new church songs. Two good things there. You tend to feel more uplifted and don't yell as much, plus, your kids are able to sing more primary songs during primary and you look awesome for teaching them to them :D

The Tavares' said...

Not that you yell much or at all....and you already are an awesome Mom. These are just reasons I listen to them in our car :D Love you!!