Saturday, May 2, 2009

Too young for Botox?

Noah's cute and all, but as I was looking at him the other day, I felt that there was just something missing. After much contemplation, I figured it out. He doesn't have the lush, pouty lips that every boy needs. So, I took him to get Botox injections for his lips. What do you think?




Before



After



Okay, so that's not really what happened. Here's the real story. I fed Noah before picking up Eli from preschool on Tuesday, like normal. After he was done, I loaded him and Leah in the car and drove off. When I arrived, Noah was sucking on his lip and was really drooly. I was unbuckling Leah, when I noticed Noah's gigantic lips protruding from his face. That sight instantly sent me into total shock!! What was I supposed to do? I had no idea. This had never happened to me or anyone I know before. I had two little kids with me while I was trying to pick a third up from preschool all while Noah's face was quickly growing bigger and bigger.


So, I ran into preschool with Noah and Leah. I had to get Eli, so in a very stern voice I said, "Eli, we need to go now!" I didn't have time for dillydallying. He could tell I meant business, so he got ready quickly. I put all the kids back in the car and raced off while trying to figure out what to do next. Since he wasn't having any trouble breathing, I thought either I can go straight to the doctor's office, or go home and call them. I chose to go home since that was on the way. On the way home, Eli kept asking why Noah's lips were so big. I pulled up, but kept the kids in the car while I ran in and got the phone. I called the doctor's office while standing outside next to the car. Thank goodness for cordless phones. The nurse just told me to give him some Benadryl and keep an eye on him. The "after picture" was taken after he got the antidote. His lips were even bigger than what is shown in the picture.


He ended up being just fine. It actually took me longer to calm down than it took for his lips to return to their normal size.


The worst part of the whole thing is I don't know exactly what caused it. I know I fed him something new at lunch, but it's not one of those single ingredient baby food things. It's something with several ingredients. So I have a feeling this isn't the last time Noah will "visit the plastic surgeon".

No comments: