Sunday, August 23, 2009

A dream come true!!

I AM A SOCCER MOM!!!!! Yesterday, I enjoyed one of the best parental moments of my life. Eli had his first soccer game!!! I've been waiting for this for 5 1/2 years! And it was totally worth the wait. His team is the Green Gators. Eli, along with 5 other 5 year-olds played their hearts out yesterday. It was the funniest thing I've watched in a long time. This game was action packed. Let me give you the play-by-play:
Here's the star player ready for action.
Eli made some great kicks.
Some of Eli's kicks were not so great. Here he is kicking his shoe off. He did it twice.
Of course after kicking his shoe off, Eli had to put it back on. Unfortunately, it ended up in the goal instead of the ball.

After tightening his shoe straps, Eli did score two goals!!

There was even action after the game as the Gators shook hands with the opposing team that just happened to be made up mostly of girls.

This was the best! He was so excited and had such a great time!! Now I just have to make one quick comment about the hair accessories of the opposing team. Most of those little girls were wearing HUGE hair bows that coordinated with their uniforms. I just can't take any athlete seriously that has hair bows that big. When Leah has her turn to play soccer, I promise you she will NOT have hair bows as big as her head in her hair. She won't be wearing any hair bows. They just don't belong on the soccer field! The whole thing just made me roll my eyes!

3 comments:

Michael said...

Seeing Eli tear it up on the soccer field can be summed up in 2 words: epic awesomeness! Now, while not often relating to Quagmire (for obvious reasons), I do share his opinion about my Becca becoming a soccer mom. He said, "Soccer Moms, allright!" I offer you my welcome to that elite crowd. ;)

Grammy said...

This whole thing is too cute! Sports activities at Eli's age is among the best entertainment ever invented.
Enjoy every minute before he grows up and starts to take it seriously.

Kenny and Janelle said...

I love it!!! Truly a dream come true...you must be having so much fun...I can't wait to have a turn to be a soccer mom:) Eli is so darn cute!