Thursday, November 5, 2009

Important topics and pearls of wisdom from Leah


Last night, Leah wanted to try a taste of the Tapatio that was on the table at dinner time. (For those who might not know, Tapatio is a spicy sauce like Tabasco) Mike told her to just touch the top of the bottle and lick her finger to get a small taste. She touched the bottle and immediately started to cry. That's when I remembered she had a paper cut on the finger she just happened to use. So, I rushed her into the bathroom to run her finger under the water to try to get rid of the burning. After, I sat her on my lap and tried to calm her down. Amid tears and sniffles, Leah quietly asked, "Mommy, is it my birthday?"


We had this conversation just about an hour ago:

L: I want to read a princess story book.
M: Which princess story book?
L: My princess story book.
M: Oh, you mean the one from the library?
L: Yeah
M: Oh, we don't have that one any more. I took it back.
L: Why did you take it back?
M: It was due.
L: No Mommy, it's not due; it's pink!


Here are two things Leah likes to say to us:

You're ass-a-loopy re-re-dicilous! (Translation: You're absolutely ridiculous)

You're wiggly whack!

1 comment:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I think I'm going to start saying "wiggly wack!"

We'll see if it catched on with the CO Burgoyne's :)