Friday, January 22, 2010

I am succeeding as a mother


Want to know how I know? It was something Eli said to me last night that made me realize this.

He was standing in the hallway when he was supposed to be in bed. When I asked him what he wanted, he walked up to me and said, "Mommy, you're ruining the two things I like...reading and watching this show."

I made him go to bed without turning the light on or being able to use his flashlight to stay up and read books. I also made him go to bed and not stay up late to watch the show. I'm such a mean mommy. I figure if I'm not ruining something (ie. not letting him do everything he wants, when he wants) at most times of the day, then I'm not doing my job!

1 comment:

The Tavares' said...

I completely agree! You are a fantastic mother!! And Eli is so stinkin' cute...I wish we still lived there so him and Emma could have continued their friendship...maybe even dated when they got older :D okay, I'm done now! Love ya Miss Becca!!