Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another brag post

I was told by two different people that I should post about something else I've made recently. So if I seem too braggy, just yell at my mom and my sister-in-law Shaina! They talked me into this post.




I made this wall-hanging/bit of art/whatever you want to call it. It was really fun! I got the inspiration from two different blogs: this one and this one. Here are the steps:


1. Go to Mike's house and use wood he's got laying around and cut it up in strips.

2. Glue the wood together using wood glue and strips in the back to hold the pieces together.

3. Stain wood.

4. Take a BIG piece of paper and draw branch with leaves on it. I used a piece of paper that was about 2'x3' because that's how big the wood thing is.

5. Cover paper with clear contact paper and cut out picture with exacto knife, making a stencil.

6. Spray stencil adhesive to one side of stencil, place on wood and stencil with lightest color.

7. Move stencil and paint with next color.

8. See #7

9. Hang on wall with nails, step back, and admire.


I used metallic paint from a craft store. It's cool because it looks a bit different depending on the angle you look at it. You'll have to come check it out. It looks much better in person!



5 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Wow, very impressive Becca ! So crafty :)

Wynne said...

Wow! I'm impressed! It's beautiful!

Aunt Janet said...

That's my girl! Make another one, and sell it to Will!

Jenn said...

That's cool! I want one.

The Tavares' said...

That's beautiful, Becca! You never cease to amaze me :)