Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This is the "First Day of School" post

Today was the first day of school for Eli. I think he finally managed to get excited about school yesterday when we went to back to school night and he met his very piraty teacher. Everything in her room in pirate themed. The Cat in the Hat is dressed up like a pirate. There's a boat in her room (no joke, it's a big plastic one the kids can sit in). All the cardboard pictures of animals and things on the walls have eye patches. She had pirate music playing. It was so fun! I asked her if she allowed 28 year-olds in her class. She just laughed at me. I think that means no. Sad times! Oh well, I'll just have to volunteer a lot this year.




Anyway, here's Eli's picture from this morning. And I thought I would throw in the pictures from the previous years. I like to see how big he's getting.



Today


1st Grade



Kindergarten

2 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Its really neat to see the height different between kindergarten and 2nd grade. Eli is so much taller then the door knob now :)

Shaina said...

I agree with Sarah (I was comparing to the door knob too). And I'm glad he stuck with the Star Wars theme when picking his "first day outfit".