Thursday, June 25, 2009

We're in trouble




Noah isn't even one yet and already he's developing his mischievous side. He did two things this week that really made me worry about what he's going to be like when he's older.

#1
Like all babies, Noah likes to put things in his mouth. When we were at a playground earlier this week, (or maybe it was last week, I can't remember) he kept trying to put little rocks in his mouth. He would pick one up, look at me, and slowly move his hand to his mouth, wondering how close the rock could get to his mouth before I said something. Of course, I said something every time. He would then promptly drop his hand, but the try again. Eventually, the temptation overcame him and he put the rock in his mouth despite my instructions not to. Knowing what he did was wrong, he started laughing and tried to make a quick getaway. Fortunately, he doesn't crawl faster than I walk, so I was able to easily catch him. I have a feeling this isn't the last time he tries to run away from me. The problem is, he's just going to get faster with time.

#2
I was putting the kids to bed Tuesday night. I decided to put Noah down first so that I could tend to Eli a little easier. I gave Noah a little snuggle, laid him down, and covered him up. Then, I turned around to take care of Eli. While I was covering up Eli, I heard a giggle come from behind me where Noah was in his crib. When I was all done with Eli, I turned around and saw Noah. Instead of laying down like he should have been, he was sitting up with Eli's hat on his head. He must have grabbed it off Eli's dresser (he can reach it from his crib) and put it on his head. He even put it on backward to look cooler. He thought he was so clever and funny that he had done that while my back was turned.

It's a good thing I think kid is cute, otherwise I don't think I could handle such deliberate disobedience.

2 comments:

Shaina said...

oh man, that's the worst kind, when they are sneaky like that, and then when they laugh about it. Good luck with that one!

Shannon Martino said...

So cute! I love Noah. That is pretty funny about the hat thing. Did you laugh? My problem would have been trying not to laugh out loud while telling him he was in trouble :)

Good job on your goal as well! I love soccer. I am a total defender - and miss it like crazy. But in our league girl goals are worth 3 points so they always make me play up front so we have a better chance of scoring...