Wednesday, September 23, 2009

An interesting solution

Yesterday, it was a bit chilly in the morning. I asked Eli to get dressed and he came out of his room wearing a T-shirt and shorts. I told him that wouldn't quite work and had him go outside so he could test the temperature to see for himself that it was too cold for his outfit choice. He wasn't too happy with that, so I gave him some options for what he could wear that would be acceptable. None of the combinations I suggested included what he chose. This is what he came up with:
He's a smart boy. He found a solution that made both of us happy. He was still wearing his shorts and T-shirt (what he wanted), but he added pants and a long-sleeved shirt (what I wanted). Fortunately, he did take the shorts off before going to school. However, I didn't tell him to. I probably would have let him go to school like that, but only because it's very important to him to choose his clothes. I figure I'd rather have him going to school being nerdy and confident than cute and pissed off!

No comments: