Thursday, December 31, 2009

I went to the coolest rave the other night!

It was really dark. Cool music was playing. There were glow sticks everywhere. All the people there were really cute! The only thing that was missing was the illicit drugs. And that's not a bad thing because the rave was in my living room.


The kids each got some glow sticks in their stockings for Christmas and we wanted to use them Tuesday night. So, right after dinner, we turned off all the lights, activated all the glow sticks and played for the rest of the evening. It was so much fun!!! We all enjoyed it! It was a cheap, fun way to spend the evening together.


It even made me feel a little nostalgic. No, I've never been to a rave, but I loved glow sticks when I was little and I always wanted some. When I'd go to birthday party sleepovers, there were always glow sticks given as presents and I always wanted one. I never did get one, but that's okay. Now, I can just go to the Dollar Store and buy some for myself. Or I can buy a bunch for my kids and we can all play with them.


Here's a picture of what was left the morning after:



That big glow stick came with a removable hilt. So it could be a giant glow stick or a glow sword. Super cool!

1 comment:

Michael said...

(Insert techno music here.)