Monday, December 7, 2009

A little mismatched, but wonderful

Leah dressed herself today. By that I mean......she picked out what she wanted to wear, put it all on herself, and did it the first time I asked. It was wonderful. She's been hit by the independence bug and I love it!!! She even let me praise her afterward too. (She doesn't usually let me smile at her, tell her she's cute, give her a high-five, etc. after she gets dressed. I don't know why.) The only down side to this whole thing is that it was in the mid 20's and snowy today and she chose a thin, sleeveless top to wear with some weird pants. I didn't make her change. We didn't go anywhere, so she wasn't cold and it's more important to me that she gets herself dressed than it is for her to have a matching outfit. And just so you don't think I'm a bad mom, if we were going to be outside a bunch, I would have had her put on a warmer shirt.

No comments: