Sunday, October 2, 2011

How to throw a ROCKIN' Princess Party

The Basics

Ambiance: Classical music playing in the background

Decor: White Christmas lights, pink streamers and balloons throughout (you can see it in some of the pictures) and big mirror so the princesses can admire themselves

Guest list: Cute little friends



Dress code: Princess dress is encouraged, but not required. Also, each guest received a crown as they arrive.



Activities


1. Lots of twirling and dancing


2. Princess crafts and coloring. These girls decorated a doorknob hanger with glittery foam stickers. (I love the Dollar Store!!) Then they drew pictures if they wanted to.


3. Place the crown on the princess. First we hid the crowns throughout the living room for the princesses to find, then they took turns placing the crowns on the princess while blindfolded.







4. Decorating cookies and having a snack. Look at how great these sugar cookies came out!! I've never made them this good before. Usually when I make them, the cookies puff up and loose their shape. But with this recipe from my friend Brittney's blog, they came out perfectly! I also have to add that all the princesses had the BEST manners! Everyone used their "Pleases" and "Thank yous"! I was so impressed.








5. Find Cinderella's missing slipper. They played "Hot and Cold" with the fancy slipper. Each princess got a turn walking around in one slipper while looking for the other. It was easy to see that each girl felt unsure while looking but their faces really lit up once they found the slipper and got to walk around in the pair of shoes for a minute.



6. Musical Thrones. Leah was a little too good at this game. She won twice in a row, even though I was peaking the second time and tried to help the other princesses win. After that, I had Leah help me with the music so someone else would win.





And don't forget....


The goodie bags! Each princess received princess goodies wrapped in purple and white tulle and tied with a ribbon.






1 comment:

Aunt Janet said...

I wish I could have come to the party! I am an awesome princess...well maybe an aging princess. lol But Leah is the ultimate princess!