Sunday, October 2, 2011

Leah's birthday

I guess I should post about this now. I think I have sufficiently recovered from her birthday-week. It takes a lot of work to have a family party and a friends party for a cute, little 5 year-old. Here's the recap of the events of her actual birthday and the family party in picture/caption form.


Leah woke up to a nice pile of presents and donuts. I didn't get a picture of the donuts, sorry.







I'm only going to mention two presents that she got, even though she got lots of cool things.


These are fairy wings from Grammy. She ordered them from Amazon and whoever was packaging the box accidentally put two sets of wings in. I think they'll get used though.




The wings in action




The second present is a nightgown I made without a pattern. The boys picked out the fabric and I used another nightgown she already has and kind of traced it and this is it. I can't believe it actually fits her! It looks super cute on her and it's very comfy. It's made of flannel and the butterflies are sparkly. The boys did a good job picking it out!






And here's the cake. I am very proud of how it turned out. I do owe it all to my awesome cake decorating skills......and to my sister-in-law's cake decorating tools that she let me borrow.




What a great way to start being 5!

1 comment:

Wynne said...

Loved all the pics! Especially the "double wings". LOL As someone who has made many a fancy cake in my day, I must say that yours is awesome! Great Princess Party too. You are an awesome Mom!
~Aunt Wynne