Saturday, October 22, 2011

Super Cutesy

My sister-in-law is having a baby in December and she had a baby shower last weekend. I'm so glad because I've been wanting to make a diaper cake for a while, so I made one for her. I think they are really cute and I wanted to give it a shot. There are different styles, but I got instructions for the one I liked best from this site. I put my own personality into it and this is what I came up with:





I layered three colors of ribbon and glued them in the back, but not to the diapers so I wouldn't ruin any. I cut colored scrapbook paper with fancy scissors and just laid them in between the layers. I got the little bear at Walmart for a dollar and just tied some ribbon around his neck. Then I hot glued white buttons on the front. I love hot glue!! The hardest part of the whole project was deciding what was the cutest way to do it. So many choices.


I think this is about the fourth cutest thing I've ever made. Can you guess what the first three cutest things are?

7 comments:

Wynne said...

That is absolutely adorable! As are the first 3 cutest things you ever made! :)
~~Aunt Wynne

Sarah Burgoyne said...

LOVE IT! The buttons really made the cake. I pinned it to pinterest I loved it so much :) I wish I could have been there :(

Shaina said...

I still love it! I'll be a little sad when I finally have to take it apart. Thanks again for doing it plus all of the other things you did for the shower.

annie said...

i finally figured out what the first three cutest things are. i'm a little slow...

A Wink and a Smile said...

Wow, that looks awesome. So I know who to contact next time I have a kid. :)

The Tavares' said...

That is so amazing!! Great job, Miss Becca. I love it!!

Sarah said...

This is darling!