Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all you women out there, those who are mothers now, and who hope to be some day!! I have had a pretty good day. Here are some of the highlights:

~At church, instead of getting the usual flower (I'm not too into flowers, unless they're from Mike), they had every variety of Pepperidge Farm cookies and each woman got to choose her own bag!!! I chose Soft Baked Chocolate Chunk, ::surprise, surprise:: I was nice and shared them with my family, but there are still two left and those are all mine!!!!



~For Mother's Day/last minute partying before the baby comes, Mike is planning on taking me out of town for the weekend some time at the end of the month. I'm stoked about it!!



~Eli got me some super cool stuff from the Dollar Store and he drew me a picture. He chose an orange Hawaiian lei and a plastic cup. Here's a picture:

Eli thinks the cup is so funny. I love it too. I put my milk in it when I ate my cookies this afternoon. It's fun to drink out of.

~I didn't have to help make dinner, but I did help Mike sneak a whole cup of butter into the mashed potatoes.

~My kids are in bed. That happens every night, but it just feels so good when I get the chance to enjoy peace and quiet.

Well, that's all. I hope all of you have had a good day as well!!!

7 comments:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

You are so lucky, I was dying for a nice chocolate bar, and then they hand me a CD, and I am like "What? I can't eat this!"... a weekend away! Thats is fun! You'll have to tell me the details later!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for the call, it was nice chatting. It just occured to me that your blog is missing a good picture of you pregnant, come on share.

The Shane Gang said...

I LOVE the tiki cup. It sure would make drinking milk more fun, or anything for that matter! It was fun to visit with you today. You're blog is adorable. I agree with Sarah below. you need to post a picture of the prego belly!

Becca Bell said...

Well, I'm sorry to dissappoint you, Sarah and Jessica. I will NOT be posting a picture of myself pregnant. I don't need for every one to see how big I am. I don't enjoy looking at myself in the mirror too much. I don't understand why every one else would enjoy seeing how big I am either. :~)

Becca Bell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaina said...

Mike hadn't read your blog yet last night so I tried to described to him what Eli got you for mother's day. He laughed for about 5 minutes, then sighed and said "that boy".

Unknown said...

Cookies...I too am jealous. Our ward gave out carnations, which were lovely. However, by the time mine got to me (I had to leave Sacrament early to set up for Primary) my thoughtful daughter had already broken it in half.

Can I have one of your cookies?