Thursday, November 6, 2008

Conversation with Eli


I had this conversation with Eli yesterday morning. I thought that since he can remember all the bizarre names from World of Warcraft, he should pretty much be able to remember what ordinary, every-day things are called. Apparently not.

M: Eli, what do you want for breakfast this morning? We have cereal and oatmeal. We also have hot chocolate. Would you like me to make you some hot chocolate to drink?

E: No, I don't want hot chocolate. I want iper soda.

M: What do you want?

E: Iper soda.

M: I don't know what that is.

E: Remember when we went to see Kung Fu Panda and we slept in the living room all night and in the morning we had that hot drink? I want that. Iper soda.

M: OOOOOOHHHHH, you mean apple cider. Sorry bud, we don't have any apple cider.

I think from now on, I'm going to call apple cider, iper soda. I like the way it sounds.

4 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Just yesterday Hannah was trying to tell me something, I had to have Madelynne translate :)

Michael said...

I myself love a hot steamy mug of Iper Soda. Helps keep me warm on those blustery days.

Shaina said...

Leah calls juice milk and Eli calls cider soda. For as smart as your kids are, they sure seem to struggle with their beverages.

Hannah said...

Oh Becca. You're blog makes me happy!