Sunday, February 21, 2010

Eli is 6!!!


Yesterday was Eli's birthday. He was so excited. It was a great day. Here are the pictures to prove it!

The day started with donuts and orange juice.



Later in the morning, Eli had a little party at McDonald's with his 3 best buddies. Normally, I don't like the place, but it does have a few things going for it: It has a great play-place; it's cheap; the kids can be pretty much as loud and crazy as they want to be; my place doesn't get trashed. I just bought each boy a fruit and yogurt parfait and a drink. We also had goody bags, of course. The entire party only cost about $13 and I didn't have to do any cleaning for it. I will definitely do this again!






Here's the cake we had for the family party in the evening. This has been the funnest one to make so far! The "sand" is just brown sugar. I iced the tray it was sitting on to look like water and made the rest of the icing tan to match the sand. Everything else was provided by Eli's toy box.


Ooo, and there were apple slices and caramel toffee fruit dip for them. It was really good.


Everyone had a good day, especially Eli. It's crazy how big he's gotten. He's completely lost any trace of the little boy he was, except that he still loves sticks and rocks.

3 comments:

Michael said...

I LOVED how cool the cake looked. And, I gotta give mad props to my awesome party planner. For those who may be unaware, Becca throws the best parties. Job well done!

The Tavares' said...

Awesome cake! I can't believe our babies our 6! It still doesn't seem possible. Emma turns 7 in just a few short months. Before you know it our husbands will be baptizing them! Where oh Where does the time go?! He is as adorable as ever. I love that little guy :D

Kenny and Janelle said...

what??? he is 6 already???!! I can't believe it...time sure flies...he looks like he had a fun birthday; Happy Birthday, Eli!