Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's amazing what two doughnuts and some chocolate milk can do for the soul

Eli has been sick since last Tuesday. Noah and Leah have been sick since Friday. Eli is finally getting better and has started going back to school this week (he only went Monday of last week, AAAAAAAAAAAAAA). None of them have been sleeping well. All of them have been whiny, cranky, tired, and super irritating. Eli was bouncing off the walls today because he's so tired. I don't understand how that's possible, but it is. Any time he even looked at Leah, she would start to whine and cry and yell at him. Noah just wanted to be held and would whine until I picked him up. Then after I picked him up, he would whine some more. By noon today, I was pretty much at the end of my sanity. Fortunately, my mother-in-law came over so I could go to Eli's school to help the teacher and then run some errands.

I just so happened to have enough time to stop at the grocery store to pick up some frozen pizza because there was NO way I was going to make a real dinner tonight. As I walked in, I could smell the bakery items and that's when I knew what I needed to make myself feel better.

After selecting some pizza and passing by the dairy section for a bottle of chocolate milk, I made my way to the bakery and selected a glazed, old fashion doughnut and a chocolate-frosted, big doughnut. After I paid, I made my way back to the car where I sat listening to Dave Matthew's Band, eating my treat, and regaining the sanity I needed to make it through the rest of the day. I even made it home in time for a little nap. (another thing I need to not go crazy)

I am so proud of myself. I managed to avoid yelling at and beating my children. And I owe it all to the massive amounts of sugar, chocolate, and fat I ingested this afternoon. Who needs meditation, Prozac, or good-parenting skills when you have those things?

3 comments:

Shaina said...

Chocolate milk cures everything.

Sarah Burgoyne said...

its like we are kindred spirits. I have done the same thing more then once. Minus the choclate milk ;)

The Tavares' said...

Replace the chocolate milk with a huge pepsi or Sonic DR.Pepper and I'm so there with you. I have also done that...It is amazing how better you feel. :D I'm glad you made it through the week :D