Saturday, February 13, 2010

I didn't think I was getting old...

Yesterday when Eli came home from school and showed me all the Valentines he had received, I used a phrase I never thought I would. Here's how it went:

"When I was your age, I didn't get all kinds of candy with the Valentines. I just got the cards."

Crap, I think this means I might be getting old. But honestly, when you had your V-Day party at school, did you get a piece of candy with EVERY card that was passed out? No?! Well, Eli did.

2 comments:

Kenny and Janelle said...

Honestly? Incredible..I never had that growing up...lucky Eli...

Michael said...

You're my cute little geriatric. Let me help you find your post-menopausal meds... XD In all seriousness, I got some candy as a kid on Valentine's Day. I just thought that was yet another slap in the face on our beloved store-created sales generator on an otherwise slow month for sales. "Let's give some candy to the diabetic kid who doesn't have a girlfriend. That won't rub things in any more, will it?" ;)