Thursday, July 19, 2012

July Crafty Project #2

Look what I made!!


This project took me 9 long months and lots of pain to complete, but it was totally worth it!!  Naomi Lillian was born on July 16th (the day after Noah's birthday) at 5:53am.  She weighed 9 lbs. 1 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long.  I expected her to be a bit bigger than that, but I guess for most people, a 9 pound baby is pretty big.  She has lots of dark brown hair on the back of her head and light, sandy colored peach fuzz in the front.  I wonder what color it will end up being.  Here are a bunch of cute pictures of her from her first few days:





This the the shirt Mike wore on Monday.  We were saving it specifically for when I went into labor.  I had him throw it on really quick before going to the hospital.  There's nothing wrong with a little bit of humor when you're in pain, right?



See all the hair?



I love this picture.  It really puts things into perspective for me!  And the face Leah's making is pretty funny.


She loves her Daddy and Mike is already wrapped around her finger.



All dressed to go home.




5 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Wynne said...

Toooooooooooooooo precious! All of them!
Love, Aunt Wynne

Sarah Burgoyne said...

ADORABLE!! Congratulations. I hope your transition home has been smooth :)

Louise said...

HI Becca!!! Nahid and I loved the pictures of Naomi! What a cutie!!!Now Leah has a sister. Naomi is soooo soft looking. We want to snuggle with her. Hope all is well with your family. We head out West soon for Maryam's wedding and then off to Sarah's Louise and Nahid-

annie said...

i love that she was/is one of your crafty projects. exquisitely made. good work!