Thursday, February 28, 2008

Eli's birthday..finally

So, Eli's birthday was last week and I'm now getting to it. I know you have all been dying to find out what we did. There were some more pressing matters that needed tending to before I got the chance to sit down and blog about this. Eli had eye surgery the day after his birthday (Sorry Eli!) and then we had about 4 doctors appointments to go to, oh, and then there was life. You know, like every day things. We did so many fun things that it's going to take a bit of space to cover it all. Fortunately for you, I'm just planning on putting mostly pictures, since I took about 170 of them in one day. Like I said, we did so many fun things and I wanted to capture everything. I think I might have to do this in 3 parts.


The first part of the day involved a surprise trip to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point. Eli was soooo excited that he strutted into the museum, walking on the balls of his feet and putting his hands on his hips. This picture doesn't quite do the moment justice, but it's as close as I could get.

Isn't he so handsome?

It's a good thing Mike and Leah found that cave, otherwise, those hungry dinosaurs would have eaten them. They look starved!

Oh NO! Mike came out of his hiding place and the dinos are about to get him. It's a good thing Eli's there to roar at them and scare them away!

Don't worry. Leah's face doesn't always look like this; she's just pressing it up against the glass to get a better look at the stegosaurus.

AH, the erosion table. It's every ones favorite. Fortunately, Mike, Eli and Leah were the only kids there, so they got ALL the dinosaurs all to themselves!

This dinosaur is very slippery. It was quite a feet to get all of us on. Soon after the picture was taken, I fell off.

Mike's in trouble again. It's a good thing we brought Eli to the museum with us. He quickly goes to work ripping the limbs off the dino to save his daddy.

At least Mike leaves on a good note, with the world in his hands!

3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Looks like fun, I've always wanted to go to Thanksgiving Point but never made it. Next time we visit we'll have to go, even little girls like dinosaurs.

Shaina said...

I can totally picture Eli doing his strut! I think I've seen him do it a few times when we were going to the pool or something like that. And I'm glad that there was no else to steal the good dinosaurs in the erosion area, last time things got a little tense!

Michael said...

Man! It sure looks like you guys had a good time. I wish I could've been there. From the pictures, there looks to have been a major underrepresentation of Daddy at Eli's b-day celebration... ;)