Sunday, February 3, 2008

What?! I've only done it two times. It's not like I'm addicted!

Who am I kidding? I am addicted. My only problem is that my drug of choice is in very short supply. What am I addicted to, you ask? Those dirty Stephenie Meyer's books about vampires. So far I've read Twilight and New Moon and I think I finished both in less than two weeks. The second one I borrowed from a friend (thanks for being my supplier Brittney) on Thursday and just finished today (Sunday). These books are each over 500 pages long. I know they are a bit on the middle/highschool level, but I have never read a book that fast before in my life. Actually, I don't think I've ever even completed a book that long, let alone 2! (Please refer to my previous blog where I mention that I don't read)

I just can't get enough. I think what draws me to reading them is that I can completely dive into the story and be totally absorbed!! And it doesn't hurt that the hero of the stories is very swoon-inducing. The addiction is so bad that I have put off sleep to read these books. Last night I stayed up until 1am to read. That's a pretty crazy thing for me to do considering my "delicate condition" and all. It's a good thing I'm done with the second and won't see my supplier until probably Wednesday. That means I might actually pay attention to my children and husband and maybe get some sleep. But I don't think I can wait that long until my next fix.

Well, there you have it. Admitting you're addicted is the first step to recovery. But I'm not ready to give it up just yet. At least not until I've read books 3 and 4, and the first one over again followed by the first book rewritten in Edward's perspective. And, of course, I will see the movie. Crap, there's no hope for me.

Please leave your comments and tell me about your addition to those wonderful vampire books. I need a support group! If you haven't read them, read them, become addicted (almost inevitable), and then you can join the support group. The more the merrier!!

6 comments:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

Sooo, I am guessing I need to let you have the other one then. What will happen if I accidentally "lost" it. I should be charging money:) If you find a support group, let me know!

Talyn said...

I must be crazy. Everybody thinks Edward is swoon inducing, and I didn't like him at all. Maybe something is wrong with my swoon gene. I would have loved the books if I could get myself to like Edward. I suppose I'll have to find another book to be addicted to.

Shaina said...

I've never read these books just like I never read Harry Potter either. I know, I'm missing out on the biggest literary movements of our time, but maybe it's my way of defying the system or something. Maybe in a few years from now when the excitement's passed I'll give into my curiosity and read them. I'll join your support group then, if it's still going.

Sarah Burgoyne said...

This is so funny, I had never heard of these books until I was at a Visiting Teaching luncheon a couple of weeks ago. There were eight sisters there and I was by far the youngest. I had to listen to seven 40 somethings talk about how dreamy Edward is. One sister had even given her sisters vampire themed t-shirts for Christmas. I'm obviously missing out on something.

Michael said...

I'm begging you, Becca, come back! If not for me, think of the children! I'm tempted to start my own support group entitled, "My Wife Would Rather Be With A Teenage Vampire." Any guys who can relate have automatic membership. Crap, life's depressing. :(

The Favorite said...

Honestly, you do have to keep reading them until your done and then you can go on with your life. I read all 3 the week of Christmas so Brad could take the kids.
I found your blog through Brittney's and will add it to mine if that's O.K. I'm so glad I found you again!
( Eliza )