Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hooray for Easter!!

We actually started doing Easter stuff on Monday (which was also St. Patrick's Day) for Family Home Evening. We started with a lesson on the resurrection. It was received fairly well, although, I'm sure Eli didn't quite grasp the total significance. He also really didn't like the part when we told him that bad people killed Jesus. He wanted the bad people to turn into good people. But, at he did sit through the whole story. It helped that we had a video.

Then, we colored Easter eggs. This was something Eli was really looking forward to. He chose which egg-dying kit to buy at Wal-mart last weekend. Out of the 100 different choices, he chose the one that makes glitter eggs. Way to go!! That's the one I would have chosen, also. But, please believe me when I say that I did not try to influence his decision (for once).

So, I started getting everything set up when I opened the box and there were no color tables inside!!! I could not believe it. I was outraged! I spent a whole $1.88 on that kit and there were no color tablets. I hope someone at the packaging plant got a stern talking to for forgetting the most important part of the kit.

Fortunately, my mother-in-law came to the rescue! She had some left over from last year that we used. I was really relieved. The last thing I wanted to do was run out to the store at 6:45pm or try to tell Eli we would have to wait until the next day.

It all ended pretty well. Although, most of the glitter stuck to the first egg and the sticky glue that comes with it took off a bunch of the dye. So, we (meaning I) only glittered 3 eggs. We had fun though. Eli's hands turned dark green and purple. Leah got to walk around naked the whole time and eat M&M's. And Mike and I got to express our creativity through a childish, secular, holiday celebration. It was great. And, we had Doritos for the refreshment (chosen by Eli, I wanted DoubleStuf Oreo's, but it was his turn to pick). Here are some pictures for you to enjoy!

6 comments:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

We dyed eggs last night. Tanner pick a spiderman coloring kit, and the red tablet was a dud! But at least it had some! (hopefully it wasn't missing because one of the kids got in it and ate them:) While we were dying eggs, Natalya wandered around in just a t-shirt and diaper, eating M and M's. Just more truth that we live parallel lives.

Shaina said...

oh I like the glitter eggs! I like anything that sparkles!

Becca Bell said...

Brittey- We tried to get Leah to wear a shirt, but she refused!!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I love Easter, we had most of our Easter fun on Saturday, I just blogged it so you'll have to check it out. When you ask Madelynne why we celebrate Easter she says, "because Jesus died and then in three days he got his body back." Not too bad for a 4 year old. Those primary teachers must be doing something right :)

Mike said...

I just want to specify that the comment by "mike and shaina" was actually just the position of Shaina.

Kenny and Janelle said...

Look at Leah's face!!! She's so cute naked and pouty!!!