Monday, March 31, 2008

She's DOOMED!!

Poor, poor Leah May Bell is doomed to a life of being taller than all her friends, I just know it! She had her 18 month check up on Thursday and she's in the 97th percentile or higher in height, weight, and head circumference. (At least she's symmetrical!)

The doctor asked how tall I am and how tall Mike is. I told him, then added Mike's dad is tall and my brothers (well, most of them) are tall too. And, I told him I was a big baby and I've always been the tallest out of all my friends. He said Leah will probably be like me, since she's already on the big end of the scale and she's following a nice, steady growth curve. It doesn't look like she'll take a dive to the small end any time soon.

So, to Leah, I say, "I'm sorry for being partly genetically responsible for making you tall. But don't be ashamed! Being tall is a great thing and eventually, the boys will catch up and be taller than you, at least some of them. Just make sure when you pose for pictures with your friends that whomever is taking the picture holds the camera high enough, so that they don't cut off the top of your head!"

Here's a nice picture of me posing with some of my friends. But wait, where did the top of my head go? AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Here are two pictures that prove Leah's future plight. The cute, little, blond girl is her friend Natalya. Natalya is almost 3 months older than Leah, but as you can see here, Leah's a bit bigger than her.

7 comments:

Shaina said...

There's a lot of potential in being "non-petite". Sure, she may never make the cheerleading squad in High School, but maybe she will hold the defense for her soccer team, or be the star on the basketball team. And maybe the football team too. You better start running drills with her everyday in all 3, just in case.

Kevin said...

Hey, I have no problem with tall girls. My daughters have a good chance of being taller than me, if they get Talyn's genes.

Mike said...

"Most" of your brothers are tall?!
Excuse me?!
Why don't you just come out and say it?! I'm short! I'm the freakish little brother in the family - you know that's what you wanted to say!!! Everyone is tall except for weird Uncle Mike whose feet dangle when he sits on the toilet.

Just go ahead and tell the world why don't ya!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I really enjoyed that, you made me laugh. Madelynne's always been on the smaller side and Hannah leans towards the taller, I'm curious how it will all turn out in the end. At only 5' 5 3/4" (the 3/4 is important) I'm taller then all four of my sisters and both my parents.

And to you Uncle Mike, the shortest of the brothers, count your luck stars that your not 5'5" like my dad :)(Who by the way is the tallest in his family of five siblings, his mom was only about 4'9")

The Hungry Homemaker said...

I just realized, Leah and Natalya probably resemble the height difference between you and I! It is like mini Becca's and Brittney's running around together.

Kenny and Janelle said...

I love having tall friends...they are so helpful to me. I hope Leah has some short friends later in life because I know she will be so appreciated!

The Mathews Family said...

Oh poor Leah! This post made me giggle! You really don't seem that tall to me. Hmmmm. You know whenever I see Annebel with any child other then my siblings kids she is at least a head taller then them. Even taller then her just barely younger sister. I think your little one is pretty darn perfect!
-Jessica