Monday, March 10, 2008

Oh the things that they will say..or do!

Here are some amusing things Eli has said or done recently. I thought you might enjoy them too:

I was playing a dinosaur chasing game with Eli this afternoon. I get to be the long-neck and he gets to be the T-Rex (you'll never guess who gets eaten every time). So, as I was being attacked, I fell on the couch and somehow scratched my elbow on Mike's jacket and made it bleed. After I got bandaged up, Eli said in a very serious, matter-of-fact voice, "Ouchies sometimes come." He's right and it did make me feel better. That means it must work on him when I say stuff like that.

Sometime during the game, Eli told me, while I was being a long-neck, that I could go lay a baby. I had to explain to him that animals either have a baby or lay an egg. They don't lay babies. I just wonder what he imagines when he thinks about me having a baby. I wouldn't be surprised if the image of a giant egg comes to his mind. OUCH!

The other night, Eli told me he had a bugger in his nose and he was sniffling. I asked him if he wanted a tissue and he said, "No Mom, I'm soaking it up." And he continued sniffling.

Last night, Eli was giving me a hard time about saying bedtime prayers. I had to take away his glow sticks because he was being bad. After many tears, he finally asked me if he could say prayers. I helped him out, but then I asked if there was anything else he wanted to add. He said in his prayer, "Please bless that I won't have a cranky night from Mommy." I hope what he was trying to say was that he didn't want to be cranky any more FOR Mommy.

Finally, in the middle of quiet time today, Eli had to go poop. This is not unusual. I swear he holds it until the most inconvenient time. So, I let him go by himself, knowing full well that in 5 minutes, I'd have to get out of bed and check on him because the bathroom provides too much temptation. He also doesn't always wipe quite well. So, I get up, expecting to find the toilet full of toilet paper and soap everywhere. What I found instead was Eli, with no pants or undies on (normal), having not wiped his little bum (normal), with black stuff all over his face and the sink (not normal). Fortunately/unfortunately, he had found an old stick of eye liner in the garbage, where I had put it this morning. He must have seen it and thought it would be cool to put it on his face and the sink. He didn't even know it was on his face until he stood up on the stool and looked in the mirror. I tried really hard to reprimand him, but all I could do was laugh. That little boy gets side tracked so easily. He probably would have stayed in there for an hour, half naked and unwiped, playing with the eye liner, if I hadn't gone in there. Here's a picture of his beautiful eyeliner!

3 comments:

Michael said...

Luckily the kids say and do so many cute and funny things to balance all the sass and attitude, else I'd stamp "Return to sender" on their foreheads. :) Seriously, though, I LOVE his grin in this pic!

Shaina said...

Were you worried at all that your boy had such a fascination with eyeliner? I hope you took him outside and made him throw a football for a half hour afterwards. Otherwise before you know it he'll be singing showtunes and helping you pick out designer clothes...

B said...

Weren't you happy to discover it was eyeliner and not what I thought when you said he had black all over his face! Gross! He does have a great smile on his face! Thanks for sharing your Eli-isms, Becca.