Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Craftiness Project #1

Leah's Tutu: CHECK

I like to craft. It's no secret. (I don't know why anyone would try to keep something like that a secret.) So, I decided that this year for Christmas, our kids are going to get some hand-made stuff from me. I like doing it. It makes me feel good. It also stresses me out because I tend to leave things to the last minute. Hopefully, I won't do that this year. So far, so good. I've already got one project done, which is probably better than I've done in past years.
Anyway, I thought I would post pictures of the things I make so you guys can leave comments about how totally awesome and super creative I am and how you wish you could make these great crafty things too. So, here's the first installment. (By the way, these are not my own, original ideas. I "borrowed" them from other people) Enjoy!!
No, that is NOT Leah. That is a stuffed dog. I don't know how her measurements compare to the dog, but I just took what I could find to give you a better idea of what it looks like.

This is a pretty simple project, though I don't feel I've mastered it yet. Just take elastic (I used 1/4") and tie strips of tulle on it. I don't know how else to explain it. The hardest part is cutting the tulle. That's some really slippery stuff. You can also add ribbons and bells and all sorts of other cool embellishments (I like that word). Go crazy!!

Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture of Leah wearing it. I suspect she won't like it when she first gets it, but after a few weeks of it being in her room, she'll decide it's cool and want to try it on. She's like that: VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I love it! It turned out so well. If only my girls needed another tutu...

The Tavares' said...

LOL! I thought you made the puppy!! I didn't even notice it was wearing a tutu. I thought it was just sitting on some fluffy stuff to look nice for the pic. :) I love the tutu though! Emma would love one of those. You are awesome! I DO wish I could things like that. I hope to one day be able to! I'm getting more and more excited to see you. Only a few more days!!! Yeah!!

Shaina said...

It looks great! I'm so glad you went with the sparkley tulle, it makes it look that much better!