Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Craftiness Project #4


Leah's Princess Crown: CHECK
I/my mom/Mike made this Christmas Eve. It's actually one of the last projects I did, but since it came out so cute, I had to share it. Here it is. It's just two pieces of felt put together with stitch witchery. There's fancy gold ribbon sewn around the edges and Velcro sewn on the back to adjust the size as needed. The best part is all the rhinestones glued on. It took a lot of thought and planning to get just the right configuration. I think it was well worth all the time and effort. Fortunately, it didn't take too much time!
By the way, did you notice that Leah's wearing the tutu? Crazy/miraculous/wonderful, I know. She wore it most of Christmas morning. She hasn't put it back on since, but I don't care! YIPPEE!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I LOVE the tutu! It's so poofy. I'm totally going to make those for the girls birthdays. Thanks for the great idea :)

The Mathews Family said...

You are awesome!!! I love that you did so many precious crafty things for your kids. Those are always the most treasured! Every year I always think to myself that I want to go more 'homemade and sentimental' next year... but then I never give myself enough time! Good job!
-Jessica

The Tavares' said...

Love the crown, love the tutu. You are amazing!! It was so good to see you this Christmas! I've missed you so much. I so wish we could see you more often than every 2 years :( Hopefully it will be sooner next time. Love ya!!!