Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cross another project off the list!

I've had a lot of free time lately, so I've been able to complete some projects that I've been planning for a while.


This most recently completed project is actually two projects. I made two dry erase activity books for Eli and Leah. It was super easy and not too expensive. They've been needing something new, fun, and educational to do during quiet time. This is by no means my own, original idea, but I did make up my own pages. You are more than welcome to copy this idea or I can email you the word document that I saved the alphabet pages to. Just leave a comment with your email and I'll get it to you!


Materials:

-2 three ring binders

-1 package of 50 clear page protectors (I didn't use anywhere near that many)

-Dry erase markers

-Some sort of eraser--you can use a piece of fabric, some paper towels, an old washcloth, anything, I used pieces of white felt that I happened to have

-Cool activities, pictures, mazes, whatever to put in the page protectors

-Pencil case to hold markers and eraser

-Aprons--optional, but I think I'm going to make the kids wear them so they don't get the marker on their clothes. I don't think it comes out. Although, there are washable dry erase markers; they're just more expensive.






The first book has a page for each letter of the alphabet and lines to practice writing them. Leah's been trying to learn how to write letters, so I added arrows to show how to properly form the letters. Since Eli already knows how to write the letters, I thought this would be a good place for him to practice writing as many different words he can think of that start with each letter.





In the back of the first book, I just have more lines to practice writing letters, words, or secret messages. I also put 4 mazes in each book. At the end of each book, I put three blank pieces of paper for drawing.





I really lucked out with the second book. I just happened to have a coloring book with alphabet activities in it. All I did was rip the pages out and put them in the clear page protectors and I was done. I did include the mazes and blank paper in the back of this book also.






The cool thing about this is when the kids get tired of the activities, I can just switch out the pages. I haven't given them to the kids to try out yet, but I've tried it and I was very entertained!

2 comments:

Mike said...

burp

The Tavares' said...

That's such a great idea!! You are so amazing, Miss Becca! :D