Thursday, June 3, 2010

My big project

I've had this project going on since the middle of April. It was just completed on Monday. I had the help of pretty much every family member in Utah and a few in other states to complete it. It's finally done and ready to be revealed.


Drum roll please..........







My boys have BUNK BEDS!!! And I (with the help of my brother Mike) built them!!!! This entire project, including the climbing holds, cost less then $200!!! (That's just referring to the wood frame, not the mattresses or bedding. Don't start thinking that I'm a super shopper or anything) I had so much distress over this project during all of its stages. Whenever I put so much into something, I worry that it will turn out ugly or bad. When this whole thing finally came together on Monday, I was thrilled. It looks just as I hoped it would, but didn't think it could.

I felt so much love for me and my boys throughout this project. So many people helped work on it and/or watched my kids so that I could get it done. The boys love it! It's a good thing too because they'll be sleeping in it for the next 15 years.

5 comments:

Grammy said...

What an amazing woman you are!!!!!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

That is awesome! I am so impressed and cant wait to see them :)I love how you climb it like its a rock wall.

The Hungry Homemaker said...

They turned out so good! I am very impressed, good job!!

Unknown said...

I wish Noah and Graham could play together!

Awesome job on the bunk beds. I really want bunk beds for my two also

The Tarbet Family said...

I'm impressed! Those are awesome!!