Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Eli's kindergarten graduation

Because I'm a mother, I feel obligated to attend my child's kindergarten graduation. But, for the record, I think such things are ridiculous! Have you ever met a kid that's failed kindergarten? I haven't! Since kindergarten is pretty much something you CANNOT fail at, why have a graduation for it? Why not just have a class party celebrating the end of a great year?

With that said, I went to Eli's kindergarten graduation last Thursday because Eli was really excited about it (Mike boycotted it because he thinks it's even more ridiculous that I do). It was cute and short (which is a very good thing). Here are some pictures from it:



Eli was really nervous at first, being in front of all those parents.


Can you find Eli in this picture?



Eli was really excited about the treat bag his teacher, Mrs. Belnap, gave him.




I took a picture of the special treat they made for the kids because I thought it was really creative. It's made of a ding dong, chocolate graham cracker, icing, and licorice.


No comments: