Friday, February 17, 2012

December Project

The past few months, I've managed to squeak out a few creative projects. I thought I'd share them. Here's December's:


This project was an inexpensive Christmas present for Leah. I started by going to Old Navy and rummaging around their clearance section until I found two shirts that were the right price and the right color.


This shirt was about $4. It's black, but the stupid flash on the camera makes it look dark gray.



And this is what I turned it into:



I just cut off the bottom of the shirt, folded it over about an inch at the top, sewed it and put elastic inside. I cut out two flower shapes and sewed them on by hand with white thread and put white buttons in the middle. Cute, right??


Now this shirt was even better. It was only about $2 and started off like this (once again, stupid flash makes it look lighter):


And it ended up like this:




I wish I had a skirt like this in my size!! I did the same thing as with the black one, but instead of flowers, I added a ruffle. I just took a long strip of fabric, gathered it and sewed it on. It's so cute!


Doing this is tons cheaper and easier than buying fabric from a fabric store. AND there's no way I could go to a store, pay $5 and get two skirts that are cute and long enough for my tall daughter.

7 comments:

Wynne said...

You are one handy, creative woman! I applaud you!
~Aunt Wynne

Unknown said...

Very impressive. I guess that serger had come in handy :)

Unknown said...

the last one was from Sarah, I guess Will is logged in :)

annie said...

i'm impressive. and i want some too!

annie said...

and by "i'm impressive" i meant "very impressive, i'm impressed." also, i always have to type the "i'm not a robot" words about 8 times.

Shaina said...

I've seen the skirts modeled in person and are even cuter than the pictures show!
Also Annie, you are impressive.

Sarah said...

These are darling!