Friday, February 3, 2012

It takes a while to count to 100

Today is Eli's 100th day of school. For homework, he had to make a poster with 100 somethings on it. It had to be neat, creative, and accurate. So I took out all the stuff I had at least 100 of and let him come up with what he wanted to use. I did give a few suggestions and this is what he came up with:




Yep, that's 100 googly eyes. He wanted to make a monster with 100 googly eyes. The reason why I wanted to post this is because this project is such a good depiction of what Eli likes. The body and blue pants are made of fleece. The hair is made of really soft yarn that happens to look like hair. The claws, mouth, and belt (purple part on the blue pants) are made of dyed noodles. It's super soft and fuzzy, yet still scary. Those are two things Eli loves, soft and scary. Eli likes his monster so much he asked me if I would make him a stuffed animal patterned after this creature. I'm not so sure I feel like attaching 100 eyes to a stuffed doll, but helping him glue them all on this poster was fun.

2 comments:

Wynne said...

A creative, talented Mama = creative, talented kids! Love it!
~~Aunt Wynne

Sarah Burgoyne said...

That is a great idea! Hannah's poster wasn't so exciting. I made sure it was accurate but otherwise let her do what she wanted.