Wednesday, February 22, 2012

This is what happens when you turn 8

You get a rocking, super cool outfit for your birthday!! This is what Mike and I got him for his birthday. He's now a cub scout and he needs to look like one! Yesterday was supposed to be his first time going, but unfortunately it got canceled. But next week is the Blue and Gold Banquet, which we are all looking forward to.

When Mike (who has been a cub scout leader) was telling me all the stuff he's supposed to get, I kept asking him, "Are you sure? Do the other boys wear all that stuff? Is he going to look dorky, because I don't want my kid looking dorky!" He assured me that the boys do wear all this stuff and then bluntly admitted that all scout uniforms are dorky. So I figured he might as well get the whole outfit. If he's going to look dorky, at least the other scouts will look about the same.

Once he got all the stuff on, however, I couldn't help telling him how cute I thought he looked. He didn't look dorky at all! Just look at that little face! There's not a single bit of dorkiness there, at least not until he turns about 12 or 13. Then he will probably look dorky in his scout uniform.



2 comments:

Wynne said...

There is not one ounce of dorkiness in that sweet, smushable, adorable face! And a man in uniform? Ooh-la-la! (think you're right about 12-13 yr comment though. but then he just gets gorgeous!)
~~~Aunt Wynne

Sarah said...

No dorkiness at all! He looks so proud. What a good boy you have! Hard to believe he is 8! xo