Thursday, February 5, 2009

Googies


One of Eli's responsibilities in the house is to wipe off the table after dinner. He's been doing it every night since June. I had the following conversation with him Tuesday evening about his chore:

E: Am I all done?

M: No Eli. Look at the table. There's googies all over it.

E: EEERRRRRRRR!!!!!

(After this point, we were shouting at each other)

M: Come on Eli! You've had this chore for 6 months!

E: And I HATE doing it!!!

M: There are a lot of things I hate doing, but I do them anyway. I cleaned your pee off the toilet today. Would you rather do that?

E: No, that's gross.

M: Well, there you go!

E: And I hate arguing with you!

M: (all the anger melting away, but still shouting) I hate arguing with you too, so let's hug instead!!!


Then I proceeded to tackle him and hug and kiss him until he screamed for me to stop. How is it that after 7 months of having a chore, a little person can still complain and not do it right? And, how is it that with one simple statement that same little person can instantly make me forget my anger and only think of how much I love him?

1 comment:

The Tavares' said...

That has got to be the sweetest and funniest thing ever! What a great Mom you are. I would have probably still been screaming :} And I love the word googies. too cute!