Monday, February 2, 2009

Gotta love hand-me-downs

I completed a few do-it-yourself projects last week and I just wanted to share the before and after pictures. I got an old night stand and dresser from my in-laws that I wanted to use in Eli's room. They also gave us a head board that was bright red to go with his new bed. The night stand and dresser were in serious need of a paint job, so that's what I did. And I just painted the head board to match. I think it turned out great. I love the color!!!! It's perfect for a little boy's room. I just wonder how long the stuff will last because it's going in a little boy's room. Take a look:

The whole thing ended up being a pretty good deal price wise. Here's the breakdown:

Paint and tinted primer: $18

New brushed nickle knobs: $20

Painting and making a mess in someone else's house while my mother-in-law watches and feeds the kids so they are too distracted to want to "help" so I can get it done in one day with the help of my handy father-in-law who helped sand, prime, and paint everything and hauled the furniture back and forth between my house and his house a few times: priceless

6 comments:

Michael said...

Bravo! They look great, I especially like the knobs--all silvery and whatnot. I especially like the long-winded comment that led up to "Priceless." Quality. ;)

The Mathews Family said...

That is AWESOME! And seriously, I was thinking to myself, "I bet that took forever to do". Your in-laws sound awesome! Great job!
-Jessica

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Wow Bec they look great! I'm sure it was Will's advice that really made the difference :)

B said...

They look great Becca! Way to go (and how awesome you got it done in one day!)

Shaina said...

Those look so good! And you said you hadn't been up to much when I talked to you last night! Sheesh, that's the last time I believe you. Way to DIY!

The Tavares' said...

WoW! Becca. I love them. I hope to be as crafty and wonderful as you one day! :) You are my inspiration.