Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mmmmmm...Broccoli Salad

I got a request to put this recipe on my blog. It's for Tangy Broccoli Salad and it's freakin' good! It takes plain, old broccoli and loads it with fat and cholesterol. So choice! Anyway, here it is!

3/4 cup Miracle Whip Light Dressing (I use Mayo instead. I don't like Miracle Whip and it still tastes great.)
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets (6 cups)-you might need more than one bunch to get 6 cups
6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained, and crumbled
1 small red onion, chopped- I use less than a half of one, but I'm not too crazy about onion

Mix dressing (or Mayo), sugar, and vinegar in large bowl.
Add remaining ingredients, mix lightly, cover.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

This is a great recipe. I got it from Kraft Kitchens. If you sign up at their website, you can get weekly emails about easy meals to make. They also send you a recipe magazine. It's all free and I get a lot of good ideas from it. Their stuff is simple and easy to alter in order to personalize a dish or make it a little more healthy. It's free because they advertise their products through the recipes. All of them call for some kind of Kraft product, but it's not like you HAVE to use that particular brand. I enjoy a good generic product every once in a while, especially if it's cheaper.

That's it for now. I hope you make this dish and eat it all up!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Yummy! Thank you so much! I think I'm going to make this be my signature salad for family pot lucks. I've been trying to find something good enough to take each time to be my signature dish, but have failed. Now I have it. Thanks!